Amazing Weekend!!

I know this is a day-in-the-life entry and it's a boring thing to talk about, but I don't care! I'm trying to stay away from complaining and ranting on about stuff, so I'm deciding to talk about a nice subject that doesn't require me to complain...I'm going to talk about the amazing weekend I had this past week at home (yes, at home...).


On friday, I skipped my last class (don't tell anyone haha) and headed south on the highway to my house. It was a full car and it wasn't very comfortable, but I didn't care! I was going to be at my house, in my big bed, and that's all that mattered to me at that point. As we're nearing the Sharon exit, which is realllllllyyyy close to where we need to get off, out of nowhere, there's traffic!!! Traffic in Vermont? What? I didn't think that was possible, but I guess it is! Since there was traffic, we had to wait an extra 30 minutes in the car because we all had to get off at the Sharon exit and then get back onto the interstate. They closed off the bridge near Sharon because I guess a big mack truck accidentally dropped a boulder off the bridge, damaging the guardrail and landing on the ground below. Luckily, no one was injured. 

After that little detour, we arrived at our destination, the McDonalds in White River Junction (we had to drop off one of our friends there). I was dropped off at my house, and I immediately went downstairs to my bed. I dropped my bag, and I leaped onto my bed. MY BED WAS SOOOOO COMFORTABLE!!! I have no idea how I survived a month and half without it! I mean, it felt like I was lying on a cloud. It was that comfortable! (Yea, I've lied on a cloud before haha). I didn't want to move from that spot, but I had to. We got movies that night, and I just pretty much spent friday night with my family. I also met my kitten that my parents got after I left for college. She was so cute! 

Saturday, I pretty much went to some high school games that my friends were in. I saw a lot of my underclassmen friends this day and got a lot of hugs! It was nice. The only thing I didn't like about going to the games was that it was really awkward. I'm not in high school anymore, and even though I was there just last year, it didn't feel like it was my old school. I felt out of place and didn't feel like I belonged anymore. Oh well! I hated high school anyway.

Sunday, I had to wake up realllllyyy early to get a flu shot and breakfast with my parents. It was nice, but I just wanted to sleep. I eventually did when we got home. Around 5:30 pm, I got onto the bus and headed back up here to study for my midterm. It was an amazing weekend, and I can't wait for Thanksgiving. Let's just say, I'm counting the days until I go back home!

-aujwat6





0 comments:

Readers