Corn Maizes

So this weekend (as you can probably tell by the amount that i have been blogging) was quite and eventful one. My friends Aftyn and Chelsea came up for a few days, and boy did we have a blast.We went out to eat friday night at American Flatbread, which is really a neat place to eat. They make your pizzas (flatbreads) right in front of you with lots of fresh ingredients and bake them in the brick oven which radiates heat and the aroma of freshly made food into the restaurant. I have to say that I plan on going back there in the winter because it will be so warm , and also because it is so tasty.

Then later that night, a few of our friends from St. Mike's came over to UVM friday night and we had a mini jam session in our game room. We also started a game of "book ball" which is VERY much like ping pong except for the fact that we didn't have any paddles because we couldn't rent any equipment past 11pm.
Saturday we woke up had a nice hearty breakfast at simpson and decided to go on a corn maze adventure. I had found a newspaper ad about a 3 mile long cornmaze in colchester! I WAS SO EXCITED ( mostly because i am a child at heart and love stuff like cornmazes and apples picking, etc.) So I invited a few of my other friends to tag along. We had a few cars full and set off in our separate ways ( they had to pick up the st mikes kids) to the maze.



Unfortunately my friend Kelsey and I did not have a handy dandy GPS system like Aftyn & Chelsea, instead we were relying on MapQuest directions that I had printed off earlier that day. Which we all know that MApQuest is perhaps one of the most UNRELIABLE sources of directions and usually has you running around the town in circles.

Anyways, ends up that the trip that was supposed to take 12minutes, turned out to take us about 1 hour and 12 minutes to get there. we got lost about 46541685165 times and kept having to stop and ask for directions.
The maze was absolutely ridiculous not only because it was 3miles long but because it was made up of three different shapes ( A frankenstein, bat&moon and dracula). I was the "official navigator" (mostly because i knew how to read the map). There were 12 spots in the maze, and at each station was a different hole punch. I pretty much made it my goal to get all of the punches, but failed when I had three left because I was super hungry !



But in the end we finally got there and had a blast getting lost and finding our way through the maze.
_charlotte snowe

2 comments:

Doug DeMaio said...

Is it bad that I am jealous of you for going through a corn maze?

I've been to a corn maze once or twice before, and let me just say... too much fun. Seriously... Do you ever have a time when you just think... 'that was way more fun than it had any reason to be'? I do... often. It usually involves something childish. For instance, I was playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater yesterday... the original. I was having flash backs to 4th grade and I was loving every minute of it.

Tess said...

It's been so long since I've been in a corn maze! The last time I went I was probably 10 years old. I went with my family and I loved just wandering throughout the maze. My dad didn't though, he got pretty frustrated lol, especially after some hours had gone by and we still couldn't find the way out ourselves and had to ask a guide.

Readers