[twenty6 lies]

So after reading A through M in the book Twenty Six Lies/ One Truth By Ben Peek, I am still sort confused. Does this book have point to it other than random rants? And why is it written to look like a dictionary ( which i like, it seems to make it a faster read). I mean it wasn't a hard read, but it really didn't have a plot or meaning to the story.

It was incredibly entertaining though. All the points that were brought up, seem like they could have been taken from our Campus' paper, The Water Tower.

I love that it's written and from the view point of an Australian. I've always sort of wished I was Australian (partially because I am highly jealous of my friend from Queensland that I've been "pen-pal"ing with since I was 8). I mean think about it, they have the Australian outback as their back yard, ayers rock, opal mines, aborigines, the great barrier reef (where scuba diving must be amazing), kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, emus and they are closer to the orient and asia than we are. Not to mention the warm weather all year round, fantastic surfing oppportunities and super cool accents! They can also hop to New Zealand conviently where there are four different seasons all year round ( not all in the same location, that would be highly impossible). You could be surfing in the northern half of NZ and then travel to the southern moutains and go snowboarding....IN THE SAME DAY!

Anyways, aside from my personal tangent.....I really liked the sarcasm of the novel.

Perhaps a few of my favorite phrases were:


I don't like organised religion. I don't like the goals of organised religion. I don't like organisations, actually, but a room full of people who believe the same thing and who're trying to save their souls just gives me the shits. Inevitably they're going to think my soul needs saving, and my soul is just fine.


I find this to be extremely true, in that when ever I wander into a church or by some one who is publicly broadcasting religion trying to attract potential followers, it freaks me out. I always feel like they feel the need to "save my soul" in the process of "saving their own." As far as I am concerned, thus far I haven't been involved with any one definite religion and I seem to be doing just fine thankyou. Note* Now I'm not trying to dis anyone if they are incredibly religious or religious at all, I'm just saying I'm not, So please don't bombard me with packets on my way to class.

You can bring about world peace?
We'll cancel the cable channels.
What?
The problem is clearly that we watch the news.
I mean if we didn't watch the news we'd never know about this shit. So we'll cancel the cable. We've kill the net. We'll even toss the TV out the window. We'll throw it at a cripple. One of them with the metal crutches. We'll take him out and then steal his crutches and have sword fights.
Come on you know you want it. You're such an idiot


This just made me crack up for some sadistic reason. I don believe that alot of what we watch on tv does affect us ( and at times I do feel like throwing my tv out of the window). The last part is just so random and I can just picture some cruel individual stealing a crippple's cructhes and running off to sword fight with them.

I also found a quote that I live my life to and aspire to continue to in the future.

I don't want to waste my life doing something that means absolutely nothing to me.


Seriously. Think about it. Whenever I see something like this all I can think of is OfficeSpace. Makes me really NOT want to work in a cubicle or any corporate job, EVER. period.




-Charlotte Snowe (I figured I would go back and change this on all my posts, so that you know who has posted what because I still can't figure out the html code to insert that stuff)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Melbourne, Australia, is often described as having four seasons in a day, and I've heard that the weather in Esperance, over in Western Australia, is similar.

Readers