It's Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas!!

YAY! IT SNOWED! WHOPPEE!!!


On Sunday, when I was driving back to Burlington from Randolph, all of a sudden we hit a huge snow storm! We were driving at least 75 mph, but when we hit this, we slowed down to 10 mph. The roads were wicked bad, and everyone was off the road. We saw at least 9 accidents, one car had flipped on its side and the others were just fender benders and turned around vehicles. It was crazy! At one point, we were driving on a hill and couldn't get going again. There was an accident right there and everyone had stopped. As we started up, our driver couldn't get traction, so we were swerving and fighting to pick up speed. I thought we were going to have to pull over and start pushing. Thankfully, that didn't happen! That was my weekend in a nut shell.

After this grueling 2 hour drive, which should have only been an hour at most, it was nice to see that it was snowing and there was actually snow on the ground in Burlington. I didn't think I would see the day. I thought it was going to start snowing up here during Christmas break when all of us are home. But it didn't! That made me really happy! Seeing the snow made me really want to go skiing. Even though I haven't skied in YEARS and I'm probably really horrible at it again, I still would have put on skis and have gone. I miss it!

I absolutely love the winter because the snow is so beautiful! The only thing I hate is the chilled wind that makes your face feel like a huge icicle. It's so unfortunate walking against the wind because it's so friggin cold!! Ahh! I really wish the wind wasn't a partner in the winter atmosphere. It would make life and walking to class so much easier.
aujwat6


2 comments:

AKH said...

I'm so excited that it has snowed, and we're starting to get actual snow, not just the little dustings were got before Thanksgiving. It was so pretty when I was walking to class this morning, because it was the big snowflake kind of snow (if that makes anysense). It just made me think of Christmas :) I'm so excited to go home and get a Christmas tree, wrap presents, and do all sorts of Christmas-y things.

plus all the snow means I get to go skiing...SO PUMPED!

Kaleb said...

I hate snow so much. I hate everything that it stands for. I hate that it means it's cold out. I hate that it brings snowball fights. I hate that it can actually cause sunburns to occur faster because of the reflection (or is it refraction) of the UV rays off the snow. I hate that it exists.

Where is the warmth? I want Global Warming! (Yes, I know that Global Warming is bad. I just really like being warm and if that's my only recourse...)

Readers