its the most EXPENSIVE time of the year

So I am really happy that its christmas, but this year it really seems to be taking a toll on my bank account.
I'm not saying that Im going all out this year, but the little things are really seeming to add up!
I did think that I did fairly good with my budget so far, thank god for having a work study!
Usually at home I make my christmas presents for friends and family:

I make jewelry ALOT, so much in fact that the staff at the local beads, silver and hippie store at home, called Harvest, know me by name. I usually end up getting beads from relatives for presents who then turn around and ask me to make them something from it, haha.( p.s i have a bunch of pieces i am selling that i've made too, let me know if youre interested! :) )




One of the best presents I've ever got was a fleece blanket from one my best friends. I have literally used it everyday since I got it for my 16th birthday, its sitting on my bed in my dorm right now. They are really super simple to make, all you have to do it cut two pieces of fleece ( each 2 yards each), then cut the edges into 3'' fringe, lay the 2 pieces on top of one another and tie them together and bam! instant warm fuzzy blanket.




Ive also made pillow cases, which may sound completely dorky and weird but think about it, they are really useful and you can make them out of lots of different patterns and colors. I made my closest friends some before we all left for school so that not they have a little piece of me with them.

One year I also made purses, yes purses. They werent cheapy one either. I decided to go out and buy a pattern, and sit down and sew em all together. They turned out really good!

And of course there is always the good old standby...FOOD!
who doesnt love food? especially home made!
I usually make ginger snaps, chex mix ( the real kind) , ginger bread men and these really tastey candy cane cookies (that are to die for).



So just in case you were stumped on what to do with a limited xmas budget, here are a crap load of ideas! just go to Joannes or Foodtv Network websites , and you would be amazed at what you can make!

_charlotte snowe

0 comments:

Readers